Gould's Pathophysiology for the Health Professions
Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions is an awesome and popular book used by doctors, medical students, nursing students, and many health care professionals when it comes to exam preparations and patient management. Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions helps you Learn the essential concepts of major diseases/disorders and disease processes. Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions, 6th Edition is a concise, easy-to-understand introduction to the fundamentals of pathophysiology. Continuing in its well-known tradition of readability and vivid, full-color illustrations, the text is updated with the latest research findings and trends in human disease. Diseases are described by the body system, with coverage of the interactions between systems, and special features help you to apply the material to real-life situations. No matter which healthcare field you may enter, this book provides solid preparation for the conditions you may encounter in clinical practice.
This book is written by Robert J. Hubert, BS, who is a laboratory coordinator at Iowa State University, Department of Animal Sciences, Ames, Iowa.
6th Edition is the newest edition of Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions book. This newest edition of Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions provides you the most accurate information on diseases, pathology, pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and management.
When it comes to pathophysiology, understanding the disease and the mechanism is very important. It’s also important to memorize them in an easy way. So a team of Doctors in Rish Academy has published a book called ‘Pathophysiology Made Easy’. It’s a Flashcards type eBook that explains the Pathophysiology and Clinical features of 200+ Important diseases. These cards are a great resource for people working in or studying in, a healthcare setting. Very clear, user-friendly, and downloaded by thousands of students.
Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions 6th Edition Book helps you with exam preparations. The best reasons for choosing Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions are the great and tabulated information presentation. Content on this book is very easy to understand and memorize mechanisms of the pathophysiology of the disease, thus this book is often ideal for many healthcare professionals. The most awesome part is almost every section is given in a concise approach that students love. Also, the disease pathophysiology is given with attention-grabbing illustrations and with great content.
Key Features of Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions 6th Edition
- Updated graphics help you recognize and identify various concepts and specific disorders through enhanced flowcharts, photos, and illustrations.
- Concise and readable approach includes the information you need without overwhelming you, even if you have a limited scientific background.
- Format for individual disorder discussions includes 1) background, 2) pathophysiology, 3) etiology, 4) signs and symptoms, 5) diagnoses, 6) possible related complications/disorders, and 7) treatments/research.
- UNIQUE! Apply Your Knowledge questions ask you to use what you’ve learned to predict What can go wrong with this structure or system, transitioning you from normal anatomy and physiology into pathophysiology.
- UNIQUE! Think About questions alert you to important points and help with self-evaluation, test preparation, and review.
- Warning Signs boxes help in identifying the pre-emptive signs of physiologic events such as strokes.
- Emergency Treatment boxes give step-by-step instructions to follow for emergencies such as shock, cardiac arrest, and pneumothorax.
- Research boxes discuss new developments, problem areas of pathophysiology, and complications associated with research.
- Key terms, learning objectives, and bulleted chapter summaries help you focus on key concepts and information.
Section I: Pathophysiology: Background and Overview
1. Introduction to Pathophysiology
2. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
3. Introduction to Basic Pharmacology and Other Common Therapies
Section II: Defense/Protective
5. Inflammation and Healing
Section III: Pathophysiology of Body Systems
8. Skin Disorders
9. Musculoskeletal Disorders
10. Blood and the Circulatory System
11. Lymphatic System Disorders
12. Cardiovascular System Disorders
13. Respiratory System Disorders
14. Neurological Disorders
15. Eyes, Ears and Other Sensory Organs
16. Endocrine Disorders
17. Digestive System Disorders
18. Urinary System Disorders
19. Reproductive System Disorders
20. Neoplasms and Cancer
Section IV: Factors Contributing to Pathophysiology
21. Congenital and Genetic Disorders
22. Complications Due to Pregnancy
23. Complications Due to Adolescence
24. Complications Due to Aging
Section V: Environmental Factors and Pathophysiology
25. Immobility and Associated Problems
26. Stress and Associated Problems
27. Substance Abuse and Associated Problems
28. Environmental Hazards and Associated Problems
Appendixes: Ready References
Ready Reference 1: Body Planes, Cavities, Regions, Fluid Compartments, and Body Movements
Ready Reference 2: Anatomic Terms
Ready Reference 3: Conversion Tables
Ready Reference 4: Common Abbreviations and Acronyms
Ready Reference 5: Common Diagnostic Studies and Tests
Ready Reference 6: Example of a Medical History
Ready Reference 7: Disease Index
Ready Reference 8: Drug Index
Ready Reference 9: Additional Resources